Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Frank Li <fl...@bpwizard.com> on 2004/11/04 23:14:09 UTC

Performence of simultaneous checkout

We are experiencing a very slow checking out.
We are have an operation scenario that need
to do 16 simultaneous check outs. Each
checkout will check out a collection of about
5M. It works very slow and we are using a
FTP server as an contingency replcaement.

Is there such kind of numbers like how long
it should take for a local network?

Does Slide server handle this kind of requests
sequentially or parrally?

Thanks.

Re: Performence of simultaneous checkout

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 14:14:09 -0800, Frank Li <fl...@bpwizard.com> wrote:
> We are experiencing a very slow checking out.
> We are have an operation scenario that need
> to do 16 simultaneous check outs. Each
> checkout will check out a collection of about
> 5M. It works very slow and we are using a
> FTP server as an contingency replcaement.
>
> Is there such kind of numbers like how long
> it should take for a local network?
>
> Does Slide server handle this kind of requests
> sequentially or parrally?

While this is different for many other requests, versioning usually
requires sequential access.

Oliver