Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brian Maddy <bm...@kampersoftware.com> on 2006/02/23 18:16:16 UTC

is it possible to cache sql queries?

Does anyone know if it is possible to cache sql queries?  I'm using the
sql transformer a lot and many of the queries don't need to be done more
than once every few hours.  But they're being done all the time.  Is it
possible to cache the results somehow with cocoon's caching system?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: is it possible to cache sql queries?

Posted by Brian Maddy <bm...@kampersoftware.com>.
Yeah, good call.  I was actually thinking of something that could
override the caching on an entire pipeline.  Then it could be used for
other things like grabbing rss feeds or something.  For example:

<map:pipeline type="forcedcaching">
  <map:parameter name="expires" value="access plus 1 hours"/>
</map:pipeline>

But unfortunately, this is a little beyond my abilities at the moment.
I'm still trying to figure out simple things with cocoon (and have been
doing so for a number of months now).  So I won't be looking into
anything like this for quite a while.

Thanks for the thoughts though everyone!
Brian

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
You could extend the transformer and hook in your caching strategy.
Have a look at other transformers that are cacheable how to do this.

> AFAIK, the SQL tranformer is not cacheable.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo.
>
> Brian Maddy wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if it is possible to cache sql queries?  I'm
>> using the sql transformer a lot and many of the queries don't need
>> to be done more than once every few hours.  But they're being done
>> all the time.  Is it possible to cache the results somehow with
>> cocoon's caching system?

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: is it possible to cache sql queries?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.