Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jay Green Stevens <jg...@hotels.com> on 2019/09/26 13:41:35 UTC

Support Parquet through HCatalog

Hi all,

I’ve been asked to work with backporting the patch HIVE-8838.4.patch (from HIVE-8838<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-8838>) onto Hive to allow for parquet tables to be supported through HCatalog in versions of Hive pre 3.0.0.

I was wondering if it would it be best for me to reopen the ticket, or should I open a new ticket for this?

Let me know which is preferred.

Thanks,

Jay Green-Stevens

Re: Support Parquet through HCatalog

Posted by Jay Green Stevens <jg...@hotels.com>.
Hi Peter,

Do you have any pointers for next steps to take?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

From: Jay Green Stevens <jg...@hotels.com>
Date: Friday, 27 September 2019 at 14:53
To: "user@hive.apache.org" <us...@hive.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Support Parquet through HCatalog

Ah okay. I have opened a new ticket<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-22249>.

Thanks Peter!

Jay

From: Peter Vary <pv...@cloudera.com>
Date: Friday, 27 September 2019 at 13:37
To: "user@hive.apache.org" <us...@hive.apache.org>

Neither me, so that answers our question nicely :)
Open a new ticket for it please.

Thanks,
Peter

On Sep 27, 2019, at 12:24, Jay Green Stevens <jg...@hotels.com>> wrote:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

The patch applies cleanly but I don’t have the ability to reopen the ticket. Would you be able to do it for me, please?

Thanks,

Jay

From: Peter Vary <pv...@cloudera.com>>
Date: Thursday, 26 September 2019 at 18:07
To: "user@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <us...@hive.apache.org>>

Hi Jay,

I suggest open a new jira if the patch does not cleanly apply to the branches you need.

Thanks,
Peter

Posted by Jay Green Stevens <jg...@hotels.com>.

Posted by Peter Vary <pv...@cloudera.com>.