Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/09 10:34:57 UTC

Re: Any ETA on a QPid 0.32 release

Hi all,

Looking through this thread, it is not clear that we came to a settled
position for release numbering, and when exactly we'd would move to
releasing components independently.   On the java side we are getting to a
position where a release soon would be sensible.  How best do we go
forward?

I'll be ready to put in some time helping plan/make the changes to the
release system happen, once we agree what that direction should be.

Kind regards, Keith.

Re: Use of qpid rather than RabbitMQ in openstack

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 01/28/2015 03:09 PM, Francois Menard wrote:
> Is there any intent on qpid obsoleting use of RabiitMQ in openstack ?

No. Decisions about OpenStack should really be discussed in the
OpenStack community, but as someone from the Qpid community who has
spent a little time on an alternate 'driver' (along with Ken Giusti,
also of Qpid), I can say that the intent is not to obsolete anything,
but rather to open new possibilities (through AMQP 1.0).

Re: Use of qpid rather than RabbitMQ in openstack

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
On 01/28/2015 10:09 AM, Francois Menard wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Is there any intent on qpid obsoleting use of RabiitMQ in openstack ?

Like Gordon said, The OpenStack community will use whatever messaging
solution that they decide meets their needs.

That said, several of us are working on a hybrid brokered/brokerless
messaging bus based on Qpid Dispatch Router and qpidd that will likely
provide scale, performance, and operational benefits for OpenStack's
oslo.messaging.

I'm finishing up a new feature in Dispatch to allow AMQP endpoints to
transparently access a broker through a network of routers
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-6).  This feature is
needed for the store-and-forward of event notifications.  Dispatch
Router already provides the direct message delivery which is appropriate
for RPC patterns.

-Ted

Posted by Francois Menard <fr...@menards.ca>.
Folks,

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
Justin,

That all sounds sensible to me.

Once the 0.32 cross-component  release is done, I am happy to take on the
release manager role of the Java components.

cheers, Keith

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Keith.

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
I apologize for the delay.  I've put dates against the releases I'm
planning at the wiki pages below:

 - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Qpid+Cpp+15.02
 - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Qpid+Python+15.02

The cpp release will depend on Qpid Proton 0.9, and I'm bundling the tools
artifact (exclusive of the Java QMF stuff) with it.

Justin

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
Justin,