Posted to user@commons.apache.org by John Reilly <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2011/04/01 13:13:08 UTC

[exec] DefaultExecutor stalling.

Hi,

I have a patch that needs to run commands on a windows 2003 machine
from inside a jar file. I'm using commons-exec to run these commands.
There is an existing servlet on the machine that continuously runs
commands using ProcessBuilder (Im in the process of changing this to
commons-exec).
When the patch runs it gets blocked at the follwing line
DefaultExecutor executor = new DefaultExecutor();
When I restart the servlet the patch runs fine to completion.

So the servlet code is blocking the patch.
Is there anyway I can detect what is blocking from within the patch code.

John

Re: [exec] DefaultExecutor stalling.

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <sg...@gmx.at>.
Hi John

sorry for the delay - I missed the email somehow.

But I'm a bit confused - what you say is that your code blocks on the
constructor of DefaultExecutor? If this is the case can you provide a
thread dump to see exactly where it hangs?

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl