Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by SenthilKumar K <se...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/19 13:13:33 UTC

Re: Problem consuming from broker 1.1.0

Hi Craig Ching,

Reg. *We did end up turning on debug logs for the console consumer and
found that one broker seemed to be having problems, it would lead to
timeouts communicating with it.  After restarting that broker, things
sorted themselves out.*

We had similar problem on prod cluster and i'm trying to figure out the
root cause for why broker stopped responding ? Pls check my email subject :
*"**Kafka Broker Not Responding" *where i described problem in detail.

Curious to know , Were you able to figure out reason for broker failure ?.
Of Course , turning off/on is not the ideal solution.

--Senthil

Posted by Craig Ching <cr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Senthil,

We never did get to the root cause unfortunately.  Our kafka cluster is
currently owned by a different team and it wasn't a priority for them to
figure that out, or at least communicate the problem to us :(

Cheers,
Craig