Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by pradeep s <sr...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/16 21:19:08 UTC

Kafka commit interval

Hi,
I have a usecase to stream messages from Kafka and buffer it in memory till
a message count is reached and then write these to output file . I am using
manual commit . I have a question on whats the maximum time i can wait
after consuming the message and till we commit back to Kafka . Is there a
upper limit for this ? Is consumer rebalance the only issue while waiting
long periods, then can i write the contents using a rebalance listener and
commit at that point .
Thanks
Pradeep

Re: Kafka commit interval