Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com> on 2018/05/14 14:20:54 UTC

Fwd: Closing (automatically?) inactive pull requests

Hi all,

Spotted this thread on dev@flink.apache.org. I didn't make a combined
thread because each project should discuss on our own.

I think it would be great to share "stale PR closer bot" infrastructure
(and this might naturally be a hook where we put other things / combine
with merge-bot / etc).

The downside to automation is being less empathetic - but hopefully for
very stale PRs no one is really listening anyhow.

Kenn

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
+1 for automatic closing.

The bot can add a comment to the PR with the reminder that the PR can be
revived by the contributor anytime.

Posted by Henning Rohde <he...@google.com>.
+1

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.