Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Davis, Michelle" <Mi...@iona.com> on 2007/08/09 21:42:23 UTC

Error with service.create

Hello.  I am trying to use the service create method and am getting the
following compile error:

compile:

    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
C:\IONA\Fuse20\cxf20\samples\hello_world\

build\classes

    [javac]
C:\IONA\Fuse20\cxf20\samples\hello_world\src\demo\hw\client\Client.j

ava:58: incompatible types

    [javac] found   : javax.xml.ws.Service

    [javac] required: org.apache.hello_world_soap_http.SOAPService

    [javac]             SOAPService ss = Service.create(SERVICE_NAME);

I am not sure what is wrong.  Here is the snippet of code:

public final class Client {

   private static final QName SERVICE_NAME

        = new QName("http://apache.org/hello_world_soap_http",
"SOAPService");

    private Client() {

    }

      //       System.out.println("Enter a service to use");

                  SOAPService ss = Service.create(SERVICE_NAME);

It is with FUSE 2.0.  I am rebuilding the hello world demo client
without the WSDL.  Any ideas?

THANK YOU.

************************************

Michelle L. Davis

Re: Error with service.create

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Actually,  Dan is wrong here.    SOAPService would be an artifact
generated from the WSDL.   The original Client.java probably had a "new
SOAPService(...)" call in it.     If you aren't starting from WSDL and
doing completely code first stuff, the process is a bit different.
Check out the new "code first" demo in 2.0.1.    You can grab just the
demo from:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/trunk/distribution/src/main/release/samples/hello_world_code_first/

String endpointAddress = "http://localhost:9000/helloWorld";
Service service = Service.create(SERVICE_NAME);
service.addPort(PORT_NAME, SOAPBinding.SOAP11HTTP_BINDING,
endpointAddress);
HelloWorld hw = service.getPort(PORT_NAME, HelloWorld.class);

if you want to use the server wsdl:

String endpointAddress = "http://localhost:9000/helloWorld";
Service service = Service.create(new URL(endpointAddress + "?wsdl"),
SERVICE_NAME);
HelloWorld hw = service.getPort(PORT_NAME, HelloWorld.class);

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer