Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Luiz Ricardo <lu...@itx.com.br> on 2002/08/15 20:58:18 UTC

WebApp ADMIN + TomCat 4.1.9

Hi,

I am trying to run the webapp admin from Tomcat 4.1.9 and I am catching the
following exception. Does anybody know why this is happening?

I am using a Windows ME + J2SDK 1.4.0 + Tomcat 4.1.9-LE.

The exception is at attachment.

Luiz Ricardo

Re: WebApp ADMIN + TomCat 4.1.9

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Luiz Ricardo wrote:

> Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:58:18 -0300
> From: Luiz Ricardo <lu...@itx.com.br>
> To: Tomcat-User List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: WebApp ADMIN + TomCat 4.1.9
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run the webapp admin from Tomcat 4.1.9 and I am catching the
> following exception. Does anybody know why this is happening?

Given that the exception is coming from a createFileExclusively() method
in the Win32 filesystem, I'd bet there is some operarting system
permissions problem that is preventing Java from creating a temporary file
(some JVMs expand a JAR file into a temporary directory in order to load
classes from them).

> I am using a Windows ME + J2SDK 1.4.0 + Tomcat 4.1.9-LE.
>
> The exception is at attachment.
>
> Luiz Ricardo

Craig

Re: WebApp ADMIN + TomCat 4.1.9

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Luiz Ricardo wrote:
> Worked it out, I created a temp directory at my CATALINA_HOME and 'bingo'.
> But this directory was not created when I installed Tomcat 4.1.9. I
> installed the package jakarta-tomcat-4.1.9-LE-jdk14.tar.gz in a machine
> Windows maybe this package is recommended to Unix machines.

Yes, if you use the tgz with winzip, I think it doesn't create the empty
dirs, or something like it.
If you use the zip, the installer, or you use the real GNU TAR for
Cygwin to untar, it should work.

Remy

Re: WebApp ADMIN + TomCat 4.1.9

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.