Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org> on 2022/10/18 16:47:19 UTC

Apache Spark 3.2.3 Release?

Hi All,

It's been more than 3 months since 3.2.2 (tagged at Jul 11) was
released There are now 66 patches accumulated in branch-3.2, including
2 correctness issues.

Is it a good time to start a new release? If there's no objection, I'd
like to volunteer as the release manager for the 3.2.3 release, and
start preparing the first RC next week.

# Correctness issues

SPARK-39833    Filtered parquet data frame count() and show() produce
inconsistent results when spark.sql.parquet.filterPushdown is true
SPARK-40002.   Limit improperly pushed down through window using ntile function

Best,
Chao

Re: Apache Spark 3.2.3 Release?

Posted by "L. C. Hsieh" <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks Chao!

Re: Apache Spark 3.2.3 Release?

Posted by "Yang,Jie(INF)" <ya...@baidu.com>.
+1

发件人: vaquar khan <va...@gmail.com>
日期: 2022年10月19日 星期三 10:08
收件人: "416161436@qq.com" <ru...@foxmail.com>
抄送: Yuming Wang <wg...@gmail.com>, kazuyuki tanimura <kt...@apple.com.INVALID>, Gengliang Wang <lt...@gmail.com>, huaxin gao <hu...@gmail.com>, Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>, Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>, Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>, dev <de...@spark.apache.org>
主题: Re: Apache Spark 3.2.3 Release?

+1

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022, 8:58 PM 416161436@qq.com<ma...@qq.com> <ru...@foxmail.com>> wrote:
+1

________________________________
[图像已被发件人删除。]

Ruifeng Zheng
ruifengz@foxmail.com

From: "Yuming Wang" <wg...@gmail.com>>;
Date: Wed, Oct 19, 2022 09:35 AM
To: "kazuyuki tanimura"<kt...@apple.com.invalid>;
Cc: "Gengliang Wang"<lt...@gmail.com>>;"huaxin gao"<hu...@gmail.com>>;"Dongjoon Hyun"<do...@gmail.com>>;"Sean Owen"<sr...@gmail.com>>;"Chao Sun"<su...@spark.apache.org>>;
Subject: Re: Apache Spark 3.2.3 Release?

+1

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 4:17 AM kazuyuki tanimura <kt...@apple.com.invalid> wrote:
+1 Thanks Chao!

Kazu

On Oct 18, 2022, at 11:48 AM, Gengliang Wang <lt...@gmail.com>> wrote:

+1. Thanks Chao!

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 11:45 AM huaxin gao <hu...@gmail.com>> wrote:
+1 Thanks Chao!

Huaxin

Re: Apache Spark 3.2.3 Release?

Posted by vaquar khan <va...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Apache Spark 3.2.3 Release?

Posted by "416161436@qq.com" <ru...@foxmail.com>.
+1

Ruifeng&nbsp;Zheng
ruifengz@foxmail.com

&nbsp;

------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------
From:                                                                                                                        "Yuming Wang"                                                                                    <wgyumg@gmail.com&gt;;
Date:&nbsp;Wed, Oct 19, 2022 09:35 AM
To:&nbsp;"kazuyuki tanimura"<ktanimura@apple.com.invalid&gt;;
Cc:&nbsp;"Gengliang Wang"<ltnwgl@gmail.com&gt;;"huaxin gao"<huaxin.gao11@gmail.com&gt;;"Dongjoon Hyun"<dongjoon.hyun@gmail.com&gt;;"Sean Owen"<srowen@gmail.com&gt;;"Chao Sun"<sunchao@apache.org&gt;;"dev"<dev@spark.apache.org&gt;;
Subject:&nbsp;Re: Apache Spark 3.2.3 Release?

+1

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 4:17 AM kazuyuki tanimura <ktanimura@apple.com.invalid&gt; wrote:

+1 Thanks Chao!

Kazu

On Oct 18, 2022, at 11:48 AM, Gengliang Wang <ltnwgl@gmail.com&gt; wrote:

+1. Thanks Chao!

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 11:45 AM huaxin gao <huaxin.gao11@gmail.com&gt; wrote:

+1 Thanks Chao!

Huaxin

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 11:47 AM Chao Sun <sunchao@apache.org&gt; wrote:

Hi All,

 It's been more than 3 months since 3.2.2 (tagged at Jul 11) was
 released There are now 66 patches accumulated in branch-3.2, including
 2 correctness issues.

 Is it a good time to start a new release? If there's no objection, I'd
 like to volunteer as the release manager for the 3.2.3 release, and
 start preparing the first RC next week.

 # Correctness issues

 SPARK-39833&nbsp; &nbsp; Filtered parquet data frame count() and show() produce
 inconsistent results when spark.sql.parquet.filterPushdown is true
 SPARK-40002.&nbsp; &nbsp;Limit improperly pushed down through window using ntile function

 Best,
 Chao

Re: Apache Spark 3.2.3 Release?

Posted by Yuming Wang <wg...@gmail.com>.