Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Westwood-Hill <ma...@nuix.com> on 2013/12/09 06:52:31 UTC

Setting unloadDelay within embedded Tomcat

I am running Tomcat embedded via something like the following code:

tomcat = new Tomcat();

tomcat.setBaseDir(DEFAULT_BASE_DIR);

tomcat.getService().addConnector(defaultConnector);

tomcat.setConnector(defaultConnector);

tomcat.init();

tomcat.start();

How do I go about setting the *unloadDelay* property programmatically in
the above example?

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: Setting unloadDelay within embedded Tomcat

Posted by java developer <re...@gmail.com>.
"unloadDelay" property is specific to a web application deployed on the the
tomcat. A web application is represented by Context type.
What you can do is get a reference to the concerned webapp deployed on
tomcat and then set the property. You can do something like below

Container ctx = tomcat.getHost().findChild(contextPath); //tomcat is
variable from your code and contextPath is of your webapp

Context context = (Context)ctx;

context.setUnloadDelay(yourValue);