Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andrew Nelson <an...@hotmail.com> on 2004/11/30 00:41:54 UTC

user_prefs: "required_hits" is working but "rewrite_subject" isn't ?

Hi,

I have the following user_prefs:

required_hits           5.4
rewrite_subject         1
subject_tag            *****SPAM*****
report_safe             0
use_terse_report        0
use_bayes               1
auto_learn              1

When I change the required_hits,  I can see it working as shown by the
"required" part of the X-Spam-Status header but I can't get it rewriting the
subject line or turn off spam_level_stars  or use always_add_report etc?

There are no options set in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf  (and incidently
setting re-write_subject to 1 in this file doesn't work either)

Can anyone shed some light?
Thanks,  Andrew

Re: user_prefs: "required_hits" is working but "rewrite_subject" isn't ?

Posted by Rick Macdougall <ri...@nougen.com>.
Andrew Nelson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following user_prefs:
>
> required_hits           5.4
> rewrite_subject         1
> subject_tag            *****SPAM*****
> report_safe             0
> use_terse_report        0
> use_bayes               1
> auto_learn              1
>
> When I change the required_hits,  I can see it working as shown by the
> "required" part of the X-Spam-Status header but I can't get it rewriting
> the
> subject line or turn off spam_level_stars  or use always_add_report etc?

If you are running or upgrading to 3.0.x, read the UPGRADE doc.  There
is no more rewrite_subject or subject_tag.

Can we put this on the website somewhere in BIG *Screaming* red letters
?  It gets asked at least three times a week.

Regards,

Rick