Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Weßling, Achim" <Ac...@gt-net.de> on 2003/01/29 14:23:16 UTC

services.JetspeedSecurity.secure.passwords=true

Hallo,

I just tried to set the property
'services.JetspeedSecurity.secure.passwords' to true. I changed the
password-field in the DB (MySQL) to the SHA-encoded password. I restarted
jetspeed (1.4 B3 on tomcat 4.1.18 LE jdk1.4) and tried to login the admin.
But I only get an exception! If I change everything back and try to login
everything is nice.
I also recognized, that the version 1.4 B3 throws an exception when I have a
typo in the password!!!
How can I solve this problems?
Thanks!

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Achim Weßling

**
INFOKOM Gütersloh
Fachbereich Technische Anwendungen / Zentrale Anwendungen
Tel.: 05241/85-2926
Achim.Wessling@gt-net.de
http://www2.infokom-gt.de/produkte

Re: services.JetspeedSecurity.secure.passwords=true

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 05:23  AM, Weßling, Achim wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I just tried to set the property
> 'services.JetspeedSecurity.secure.passwords' to true. I changed the
> password-field in the DB (MySQL) to the SHA-encoded password. I
> restarted
> jetspeed (1.4 B3 on tomcat 4.1.18 LE jdk1.4) and tried to login the
> admin.
> But I only get an exception! If I change everything back and try to
> login
> everything is nice.
> I also recognized, that the version 1.4 B3 throws an exception when I
> have a
> typo in the password!!!
> How can I solve this problems?
> Thanks!

Your going to have to encrypt your passwords that are currently in the
database.
I can send you an action to do so if you'd like.
Be careful to only run it only once

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software