Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/14 05:09:42 UTC

Aligning the JMS examples with the C++ and Python examples

Currently the following are under the example folder in the JMS client.
# jmsexample/
# publisher/
# pubsub/
# shared/
# simple/
# subscriber/
# transport/

1. I already deleted the amqexamples folder as it contains code
written against an unsupported API.

2. I am wondering what the other examples are ?
    On the surface some of them seems like duplicates and others I am
not sure if they really belong here.

3. I suggest we align our examples with the common theme followed by
the C++ and Python clients.
    To that end we can get rid of the current examples and write
something that closely follows the C++ and Python examples.

Does anybody disagree ? or have any other suggestions ?

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Aligning the JMS examples with the C++ and Python examples

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Marnie,

I will submit a patch for the new examples during next week.
If you feel anything is missing from the new examples that is in the
current set, please let us know.

Regards,

Rajith

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@wso2.com>.
On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 12:36 AM, Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>wrote:

> Rajith Attapattu wrote:
>
>> Currently the following are under the example folder in the JMS client.
>> # jmsexample/
>> # publisher/
>> # pubsub/
>> # shared/
>> # simple/
>> # subscriber/
>> # transport/
>>
>> 1. I already deleted the amqexamples folder as it contains code
>> written against an unsupported API.
>>
>> 2. I am wondering what the other examples are ?
>>    On the surface some of them seems like duplicates and others I am
>> not sure if they really belong here.
>>
>> 3. I suggest we align our examples with the common theme followed by
>> the C++ and Python clients.
>>    To that end we can get rid of the current examples and write
>> something that closely follows the C++ and Python examples.
>>
>> Does anybody disagree ? or have any other suggestions ?
>>

> I think it would definitely be beneficial to have examples for JMS that are
> explicitly constructed to be as similar as possible to parallel examples in
> C++ and Python.

I am in the process of writing some perl bindings for C++ clients using swig
framework ( actually I work on QPid on my spare time-most of the time on
week ends-so it'll take some time to complete the task), and I'll keep these
points in mind.

Rajika

http://rajikak.blogspot.com/

Re: Aligning the JMS examples with the C++ and Python examples

Posted by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>.