Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org> on 2013/02/25 16:24:23 UTC

Shell .META. scan STARTROW question

Hi,

When I run this in the shell:
scan 'entry' , {STARTROW => 'z', LIMIT => 10}
I get rows starting with z. That's fine.

But when I run this:
scan '.META.' , {STARTROW => 'z', LIMIT => 10}
it's scanning the .META. from the beginning. Like if startrow was not
considered.

Is there a special character at the beginning of the .META. keys? It seems
not.

JM

Re: Shell .META. scan STARTROW question

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
 HBASE-7928 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7928> created.
stopRow is also causing issues. Both in shell and in Java client.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
;) There is no silly questions ;)

Posted by Kevin O'dell <ke...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Kevin O'dell <ke...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by ramkrishna vasudevan <ra...@gmail.com>.
Can you try the same with Java client..  ?
Raise a bug JM.

Regards
Ram

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 8:54 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <