Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org> on 2012/06/06 05:05:42 UTC

2012-06-05 Status: PPMC and Committer Roster

As of the end of day, 2012-06-05, the Apache OpenOffice podling has
95 committers, with 75 on the PPMC.

Since the previous, 2012-02-01 report, there is an increase of
10 committers and 8 PPMC members.

There are two invitations outstanding and the establishment of two
other committers is in progress.

 - Dennis

   for the Apache OpenOffice PPMC

CURRENT PPMC AND COMMITTER STATUS

Who's on Board:  Tally of Current Committers and PPMC

   1 champion
   5 mentor
   1 mentor/committer (player coach?)
  75 PPMC (all currently committers and not counted below)
  19 committer (includes any in PPMC? status below)
   6 other (ASF Member observers, etc.)
 107 TOTAL = pending 'PPMC?' + 'complete' + 'authz' below

Pending Actions - what the PPMC is working on getting flat

   0 invite (committer/PPMC invitations pending)
   2 accepted? (waiting for acceptance and next steps)
   0 iCLA? (waiting for iCLA)
   0 choose ID (pending invitation to choose ID)
   0 ID chosen? (waiting for choice of ID)
   2 ID pending (ID and account creation pending)
   3 authz (awaiting completion of ooo authorization)
  17 PPMC? (waiting for follow-up joining of PPMC)
  87 complete (nothing further required)
  30 other (some special completion cases, declined, etc.)
 141 TOTAL

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
To clarify a little:

The Pending=PPMC? status only applies to committers who were also eligible for the PPMC and have not taken the one necessary step to be established: subscription to ooo-private.

So far, this applies only to those who did establish themselves as committers but did nothing about PPMC and are silent on the matter.  So there's no paperwork (e.g., an iCLA) needed or anything like that.

A simple procedure the PMC can work up is addition of a time-limit on new committer and new PPMC invitations.  I shall bow to the wisdom of the project on that one.

  - Dennis

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Dennis,

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.
@Ross,

The complete roster and the status of every individual on it is to be found in the spreadsheet kept in the PPMC private SVN subtree.  (This file has always been kept private because it carries personal identifying information that might not be otherwise used in public.)

You can find the exact location, and other details, from the commit messages that appear on ooo-private each time I make an update.  The name of the file is "PPMCStatus.ods".

Cross-matching this file with activity is not always easy because folks often use e-mail addresses other than their @apache.org ones and the ones used in their iCLAs.  Those might not be easily recognizable as employed by the same individuals [;<).

 - Dennis

Thanks for this. Do you have a copy of this with actual names? It
would be really helpful to me with respect to identifying
active/inactive PPMC members for graduation.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: 2012-06-05 Status: PPMC and Committer Roster

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
Dennis,