Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/04 03:32:04 UTC

[VOTE] The third HBase 2.2.6 release candidate (RC2) is available

Please vote on this release candidate (RC2) for Apache HBase 2.2.6.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HBase 2.2.6

The tag to be voted on is 2.2.6RC2. The release files, including
signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.6RC2/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1407

Signatures used for HBase RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

The list of bug fixes going into 2.2.6 can be found in included
CHANGES.md and RELEASENOTES.md available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.6RC2/CHANGES.md
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.6RC2/RELEASENOTES.md

A detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release is
available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.6RC2/api_compare_2.2.6RC2_to_2.2.5.html

To learn more about Apache HBase, please see http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Guanghao Zhang

Re: [VOTE] The third HBase 2.2.6 release candidate (RC2) is available

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 8:58 PM Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 20:40 Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > > I believe this is already in place in the dev-support/create-release
> >
> > > scripts.
> >

> > So master branch's dev-support/create-release scripts can be used to
> >
> > release any other branch's release? Thanks.
>

> I believe so, yes. These scripts from master are what I’ve used to make 2.3
> releases. I think they’re intended to have no branch-specific deviations
> and committed to master only so as to avoid duplicated effort backporting
> updates. My understanding is that they’re intended to be used even with the
> other repos (i.e., hbase-operator-tools), but I haven’t tried this.

This is the intent, yes.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.

> We should amend our build procedure and scripts to set TZ=UTC and LANG=C
> in the environment, that should probably avoid such issues in the future.

Thanks. Let me take a try.

Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com> 于2020年9月8日周二 上午5:54写道:

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
My bad, I missed revision. For me, it is showing up "Unknown".

UI:
HBase Version	2.2.6, revision=Unknown

shell:
Version 2.2.6, rUnknown, Mon Sep  7 23:58:54 IST 2020

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Checked sigs and sums: Matched
Rat check: Passed
Run all UTs: Passed
Started a standalone cluster: OK
Checked Web UI: Nothing strange
Run basic shell commands: OK

The compatibility report shows two high level problems, it is because we
made NettyRpcClientConfigHelper final. The class only contains static
methods and is not designed to be extended or instantiated so I think it is
fine.

Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com> 于2020年9月4日周五 上午11:32写道:

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.
Update the bin tar in https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.6RC2/ as
the revision and the UI language problem. But the
dev-support/create-release scripts still not worked for me. It always
failed in "gpg sign" step...... Sorry for take so long time to release
2.2.6.

For this vote, +1 from me. With 3 binding +1 and 1 non-binging +1. The vote
passed. Thanks all for voting.

Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> 于2020年9月11日周五 上午1:07写道:

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
[resending to dev@, sorry]

+1 (binding)

        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_272): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
        * Built from source (1.8.0_272): ok

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] The third HBase 2.2.6 release candidate (RC2) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
[resending to dev@, sorry]

+1 (binding)

        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_272): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
        * Built from source (1.8.0_272): ok

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] The third HBase 2.2.6 release candidate (RC2) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok