Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jeffrey Porter <PO...@WMGMAIL.wmg.warwick.ac.uk> on 2005/11/08 12:15:56 UTC

New bug in nightly build - t:inputCalendar + javscript(tabList) = page hang.

Hello all,

I started with the bug of t:calendar and onload not working in release
1.1.1

I then moved on to the nightly release 20051107.

New bug...

If I have a page with <t:inputCalendar and

<script language="JavaScript1.3">

function messWithMyHead() {

      for (var i=0; i<tabList.length; i++ ) {

      }

}

</script>

The page will never be displayed.

1: I don't call the JavaScript, it just has to exist on the page.

2: Method name is not the cause

3: Remming out the for loop does not stop the problem

4: REMOVING the for loop does allow the page to be displayed.

5: REMOVING the <t:inputCalendar allows the page to be displayed.

6: No error message is displayed in the JBoss console, it just hangs.

To prove this, download my ear & go to the address

http://localhost:8080/ebusiness/

(Change port if required)

The page will not be displayed.

Then go into the ear, then the war and open the file theTest.jsp

Removed the for loop lines (or the t:calendar), save & exit.

Jeff.

Example ear of the problem at...

http://www.porter.eu.com/jeff/prob.ear      (3meg - inc libs)

Using...

jboss-4.0.2

myfaces-20051107.zip  + myfaces-20051106.zip + myfaces-20051105.zip