Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Arthur Zubarev <Ar...@Aol.com> on 2013/06/04 22:56:32 UTC

Getting error Request did not complete within rpc_timeout.

Hello,

I am on a 64 Bit Ubuntu server 12.04 with 50% of memory free, 2 core CPU idling (it is running on old hardware).

C* 1.2.4 has 1 local node. All worked until I bulk-loaded ~3K rows of 210 columns.

I created the data and index files off a CSV file as per more or less http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/bulk-loading, then used sstableload tool to stream the table to the local node.

The status in command line I got was:

Streaming revelant part of /var/tmp/DW_BMW/toload/bmw_dw/bmw_dw_main/bmw_dw-bmw_dw_main-ib-1-Data.db to [/127.0.0.1]

progress: [/127.0.0.1 1/1 (100)] [total: 100 - 0MB/s (avg: 0MB/s)]arthur@HQTESTXX01:/var/log/cassandra$

and no message of any kind thereafter, and no completion seemed to occur either.

Now when I try accessing my CF via cqlsh as ‘select * from bmw_dw_main limit 1;’ I get Request did not complete within rpc_timeout.

In the system.log I can see a correlation of the above message to error:

ERROR [ReadStage:38] 2013-06-04 16:29:43,717 CassandraDaemon.java (line 174) Exception in thread Thread[ReadStage:38,5,main]
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy$DroppableRunnable.run(StorageProxy.java:1582)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
        at java.nio.Buffer.limit(Buffer.java:267)
etc.

Note, I can only think about two things that could go wrong: I did not use a loopback to stream the sstable to the local node.

What needs to be done to recover (get the data from the table)?

Did I do wrong something else?

PS: describe columnfamily bmw_dw_main; works no problem!

Thank You!

Regards,

Arthur