Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Chris Brooks <cb...@carescout.com> on 2000/10/24 17:12:33 UTC

mod_perl guru wanted

Hi all,

We've just posted a new job description that seems relevant to this list.  Feel free to drop me a note if you're interested, or contact Megan at the email address below.

Thanks,
Chris

We are looking for a mod_perl / cgi guru to work on application development and site architecture (with a bit of Apache and Linux administration for good measure).  CareScout is a small B2B and B2C internet startup which provides ratings, rankings and
descriptive data on eldercare facilities, merging the internet with the decade’s dominant demographic shift.  Come join a small IT department where the number of hats you wear is determined by the degree to which you like to get your hands dirty. The
ideal candidate is adept at:

· Developing architectural and application code in mod_perl and straight cgi.
· Working at each stage of the project life cycle from developing tech specs through design and implementation.
· Identifying how new functionality would impact other elements of the site.
· Working both independently and on a team to develop projects.
· Interacting with non-technical staff
· Providing advice / mentoring to other developers in the office.

Startup environment, lots of autonomy, good $$, stock options.

Desired skills: 3 – 4 years Perl, mod_perl, Linux administration, MySQL, Apache administration.

C, XML and Computer Science degree a plus.

We are looking for a permanent, full-time on-site employee.  We're located in Wellesley, MA, about 15 minutes outside of Boston.

If you are interested, please contact Megan Humphreys at mhumphreys@carescout.com.