Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Ash N <74...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/24 17:01:23 UTC

SSL Phoenix

Hello All,

Thank you for the great work the team is doing on Phoenix.

We are running Phoenix on EMR cluster in Amazon. We have a need to connect
to Phoenix over SSL.  I don't see much documentation around this topic
anywhere also I saw a couple of jira tickets that did not provide enough
help or direction on this topic.

If Phoenix does not support SSL connections what are my options?

Starting off six months ago,  we assumed this should not be an issue.  Now
we are in big trouble.

All and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ash

Re: SSL Phoenix

Posted by Ash N <74...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Josh.

On Nov 28, 2017 11:24 AM, "Josh Elser" <el...@apache.org> wrote:

Have you read the portion of the HBase book that I previously linked to?
This is handled by SASL and GSSAPI/Kerberos. Please use your favorite
search engine and do some reading.

SSL is just *one* library that can be used to provide privacy of data in
motion.

Re: SSL Phoenix

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Re: SSL Phoenix

Posted by Ash N <74...@gmail.com>.
Josh,

Thank you for your comment.

1.
Could you please  point me to any resources around the below statement you
make?

" there are definitely the tools/configuration that exist to provide end to
end data  privacy  "

2.SSL is just not part of that picture :)

Above statement is contrary to my understanding.

Thought SSL enables secure connections.

Input as always is appropriated.

Thanks.

On Nov 26, 2017 8:58 PM, "Josh Elser" <el...@apache.org> wrote:

Thanks, Ash. Just to confirm, there are definitely the tools/configuration
that exist to provide end to end data privacy (at rest and in motion). SSL

Re: SSL Phoenix

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Re: SSL Phoenix

Posted by Ash N <74...@gmail.com>.