Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Andrew Clegg <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/09 15:52:58 UTC

Are provider service implementation classes singletons?

Maybe a dumb question... When a request comes in for a provider
service, does CXF just call invoke() on an existing instance of the
class? Or does it construct a whole new instance?

I couldn't see anything about this in the docs. I could maybe have
figured it out from the sources but I wouldn't know where to start
looking...

Thanks once again,

Andrew.

Re: Are provider service implementation classes singletons?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
By default, yes.   All the service implementation things are singletons.

In the non-provider case (maybe provider case as well, don't really know as I
haven't looked), a factory CAN be specified to use a pool or session scoped
instance.    With spring, you could also have spring use aop to do session
scoping.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp