Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by JunXu Chen <ch...@apache.org> on 2020/10/29 03:39:42 UTC

[DISCUSS] issues to be solved after the `manager api` refactoring

Hi, Community,

After the manager api refactoring, there are still many problems, as follow:

1. Access log:
Save to a local file, and can customize the path
Support log rotate
Support custom log format

2. Error log:
Currently only panic logs are retained, errors are just responded by apis.
We need to  retain error logs.
Support custom error log level
Support saving to a local file, and can customize the file path
Support log rotate

3. Support custom listening IP and port

4. Support https, and custom cert and key path

5. Support IP restriction

6. ETCD configuration:
Currently supports environment variable config, need to change to config in
the config file
Support https connection
Support mTLS connection
Support identity authentication

7. Improve the ENV definition and deal with `dev`, `test` and `release`
accordingly

8. Support custom cup quantity

What do you think?

Thanks !

Re: [DISCUSS] issues to be solved after the `manager api` refactoring

Posted by JunXu Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
I am going to solve the log part today and plan to use the `zap` lib.

What do you think? Any suggestions?

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
I can not agreed with you more.
Looking forward to perfecting this project soon

Posted by vincixu <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by jinwei <gx...@163.com>.
+1

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.

Posted by YuanSheng Wang <me...@apache.org>.
we really need this.

and we should check if it works fine in E2E test cases, github issue: [1].

[1] https://github.com/apache/apisix-dashboard/issues/607

--

*MembPhis*
My GitHub: https://github.com/membphis