Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Gervais <ge...@polymedis.com> on 2007/11/26 14:49:54 UTC

Form with CompounPropertyModel never call onSubmit()

Hi all,

I have this form component :

    public class RegistrationForm extends Form {

        private final static long serialVersionUID = 1l;

        public RegistrationForm(String id, StudentFolder studentFolder) {
            super(id, new CompoundPropertyModel(studentFolder));
            add(new RequiredTextField("student.firstName"));
            add(new RequiredTextField("student.lastName"));
            add(new RequiredTextField("student.dateOfBirth"));
            add(new RequiredTextField("student.placeOfBirth"));

            /*super(id);
            add(new RequiredTextField("student.firstName",new
    Model("fname")));
            add(new RequiredTextField("student.lastName",new
    Model("lname")));
            add(new RequiredTextField("student.dateOfBirth",new
    Model("dob")));
            add(new RequiredTextField("student.placeOfBirth",new
    Model("pob")));*/
        }

        protected void onSubmit() {
            for ( int i=0; i<20; i++)
               System.out.println("");

            System.out.println(">>>>> submit");

            for ( int i=0; i<20; i++)
               System.out.println("");
        }
    }

With the usage of CompounPropertyModel the content of onSubmit() never
run. But if i comment the usage of compoundPropertyModel and use Static
model it work.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

Re: Form with CompounPropertyModel never call onSubmit()

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Add a feedback panel to your page and notice the validation errors.
Martijn

On Nov 26, 2007 2:49 PM, Gervais <ge...@polymedis.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have this form component :
>
>    public class RegistrationForm extends Form {
>
>        private final static long serialVersionUID = 1l;
>
>        public RegistrationForm(String id, StudentFolder studentFolder) {
>            super(id, new CompoundPropertyModel(studentFolder));
>            add(new RequiredTextField("student.firstName"));
>            add(new RequiredTextField("student.lastName"));
>            add(new RequiredTextField("student.dateOfBirth"));
>            add(new RequiredTextField("student.placeOfBirth"));
>
>            /*super(id);
>            add(new RequiredTextField("student.firstName",new
>    Model("fname")));
>            add(new RequiredTextField("student.lastName",new
>    Model("lname")));
>            add(new RequiredTextField("student.dateOfBirth",new
>    Model("dob")));
>            add(new RequiredTextField("student.placeOfBirth",new
>    Model("pob")));*/
>        }
>
>        protected void onSubmit() {
>            for ( int i=0; i<20; i++)
>               System.out.println("");
>
>            System.out.println(">>>>> submit");
>
>            for ( int i=0; i<20; i++)
>               System.out.println("");
>        }
>    }
>
> With the usage of CompounPropertyModel the content of onSubmit() never
> run. But if i comment the usage of compoundPropertyModel and use Static
> model it work.
>
> Can you help me ?
>
> Thanks

Apache Wicket 1.3.0-rc1 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-rc1/

Re: How to validate a date in a defined format

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
see DateField in extensions and in wicket-datetime modules, they take
care of this...

-igor

Posted by Gervais <ge...@polymedis.com>.
Oups sorry, its just because when i try to submit dateOfBirth and
PlaceOfBirth that are RequiredTextFields was empty.
Sorry.