Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Larry Chambers <re...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/26 03:20:04 UTC

Configuring Tomcat 4

I would like to configure Tomcat, but the xml files are not very easy to
follow.  All i'm trying to do right now is set up everything to make another
directory ROOT, which is the one that I have apache pointing to right now.
If it would be easier to just configure apache to send requests to tomcat
then how can I do that?  I've heard something of a mod_webapp module but
haven't found it for windows yet.  I'm on windows xp so usually windows 9x
or windows 2000 stuff will work.

problem with tomcat

Posted by Stella Martzoukou <ma...@opentec.gr>.
well.. i expect that this may sound silly
but i encounter the following problem with
Tomcat 3.2.1 on a win2000 machine

I have a file called main.htm in the webapps directory that should be loaded
when calling it
from the url  127.0.0.1:8080/main.htm

Still, I get a page not found 404 error

and in the Tomcat console, the following message:

2002-03-26 11:22:02 - Ctx(  ): 404 R(  + /main.htm + null) null

Can somebody help me on this?

Thanks very much..

Stella

RE: Configuring Tomcat 4/mod_webapp

Posted by Sanjay Bahal <sb...@yahoo.com>.
What is the exact link to get mod_jk. I can't seem to
find it-  4) Integrate Tomcat and Apache
Stop the Tomcat and Apache services. Then download
mod_webapp from
jakarta.apache.org

Thanks
Sanjay

--- Chris Pheby <ch...@tfe-group.com> wrote:
> [...]
> mysql-max run as a service
> instead of mysql which supports transactions with
> berkeley db tables.
>
> 3) Install Java 2 Standard Edition 1.4
> Run the J2SE installer, and choose to install to
> c:\Program Files\Java\J2SE.
> Install all components and set it as a plugin for
> all browsers
>
> Add the following to the PATH variable:
>
> c:\Progra~1\J2SE\bin.
> Install Tomcat 4.0.4 beta 1 LE
> Download Tomcat 4.0.4 beta 1 LE (for JDK 1.4) and
> run the installer. Take
> care to install Tomcat as a Service when offered the
> option by the
> installer.
>
> Set the following environment variables:
>
> JAVA_HOME - c:\Progra~1\Java\J2SE
> CATALINA_HOME - c:\Progra~1\Java\Tomcat
>
> 4) Integrate Tomcat and Apache
> Stop the Tomcat and Apache services. Then download
> mod_webapp from
> jakarta.apache.org. Extract libapr.dll to
> c:\winnt\system32. Also extract
> libapr.dll and mod_webapp.so to
> c:\server\apache\modules.
>
> Add the following lines to httpd.conf:
>
> LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
> AddModule mod_webapp.c
> You need to configure a connector in httpd.conf
> (examples shown for the
> modules you can export initially - remove the
> comments to enable them):
>
> <IfModule mod_webapp.c>
> WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
> WebAppInfo /webapp-info
> #WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples
> #WebAppDeploy webdav warpConnection /webdav
> </IfModule>
> Before restarting Apache download Service+ from
> ActivePlus and use it to set
> Apache as depending on Tomcat. Then restart Apache
> (Tomcat will restart
> automatically).
>
> 5) Install JDBC Driver for MySQL
> Download the MySQL JDBC driver.
>
> Open the file
> (mm.mysql-2.0.11-you-must-unjar-me.jar) in WinZip
> and extract
> mm.mysql-2.0.11-bin.jar and place it in c:\program
> files\java\j2se\jre\lib\ext. It will now be
> automatically available to Java
> programs, without needing to add it to the
> classpath.
>
> 6) Install Mozilla Plugin
> Copy the np* files from C:\Program
> Files\Java\J2SE\jre\bin to C:\Program
> Files\Mozilla\Plugins.
>
> Restart Mozilla
>
> 7) Install NetBeans
> Install NetBeans to c:\Program Files\Java\NetBeans.
> The installer will
> automatically detect the JDK.
>
> Netbeans can debug Tomcat, if you want to enable
> this first remove the
> existing Tomcat Service:
>
> net stop "Apache Tomcat"
> c:\progra~1\java\tomcat\bin\tomcat.exe -uninstall
> "Apache Tomcat"
> enabled for debugging:
>
> Tomcat.exe -install "Apache Tomcat"
> c:\progra~1\java\j2se\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

ava\tomcat\bin\bootstrap.jar;c:\progra~1\java\tomcat\bin\servlet.jar;C:\Prog

tomcat-user-return-14762-chris=tfe-group.com@jakarta.apache.org

> I would like to configure Tomcat, but the xml files
> are not very easy to
> follow.  All i'm trying to do right now is set up
> everything to make another
> directory ROOT, which is the one that I have apache
> pointing to right now.
> If it would be easier to just configure apache to
> send requests to tomcat
> then how can I do that?  I've heard something of a
> mod_webapp module but
> haven't found it for windows yet.  I'm on windows xp
> so usually windows 9x
> or windows 2000 stuff will work.

> For additional commands:
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>