Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by "W. Jeffrey Rankin" <jr...@oneil.com> on 2003/01/13 01:54:14 UTC

Re: Apache Rivet on Solaris 9 -- Success!

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, David N. Welton wrote:

> "W. Jeffrey Rankin" <jr...@oneil.com> writes:
>
> > With these changes, rivet seems to compile and install fine, though
> > the instructions may be out of date in that they refer to
> > mod_rivet.so and I have a different directory structure and a file
> > called librivet.so.
>
> No, librivet.so is a helper library with some useful routines, not the
> main Apache module.  You should also have a mod_rivet.so.  So trying
> to load librivet.so into Apache will definitely not work!

Oops, that was my confusion. I saw the rivet directory in my apache root
and assumed everything was there. I updated my httpd.conf module directive
to the following:

LoadModule rivet_module /home/jrankin/apache/libexec/mod_rivet.so

and started apache. Of course, to test, I used the obligtory hello world
type script, and it's working fine. Thanks to those who helped!