Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/25 23:19:34 UTC

tagging workflow (was: 2.2.0rc2 Monday?)

I'm new here, but there are a couple things that seem odd in what I
observe about how the tagging has happened the last few weeks.

1) The goal was to tag rc2 this past Monday, right? Now it is almost
Friday and still not all the repos have been tagged according to
CB-1705. Would it make sense to get more diligent about tagging the js
repo first, and then all the other repos immediately after, all on the
same day? Is there something that has prevented it from happening like that?

2) Moving tags feels like the wrong thing to do. How about if tags are
never moved? If there is a must-have fix, then we create another rc
until it is ready to ship. If we can get the tagging done quickly per
#1, then creating another rc shouldn't be expensive.

-- Marcel Kinard

Re: tagging workflow (was: 2.2.0rc2 Monday?)

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
> 1) The goal was to tag rc2 this past Monday, right? Now it is almost Friday
> and still not all the repos have been tagged according to CB-1705. Would it
> make sense to get more diligent about tagging the js repo first, and then
> all the other repos immediately after, all on the same day? Is there
> something that has prevented it from happening like that?

Stuff came up, as it always does, which is why we start tagging RC's
instead of delaying the real thing.

> 2) Moving tags feels like the wrong thing to do. How about if tags are never
> moved?

Nah, not a big deal if it hasn't been released. (Only purpose of a
version/tag is for issue tracking releases.)