Posted to dev@drat.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2020/07/08 15:45:55 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL] Missing DRAT Board Report

Hi,

It’s possible  that we may  not in  fact have enough interest to
continue ASF development  on DRAT.

If that is the case I would request that should the project be spun
down and  committee terminated that the ASF would consider simply
transferring the repo back  to me under my GitHub where it originally
came  from. To  my knowledge we never requested  trademark or
anything like that on it, so hopefully it’s not entangled  in anything
more than simple consideration there.

Thank you for  your  consideration.

Chris

From: Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>
Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 5:37 AM
To: "magicaltrout@apache.org" <ma...@apache.org>
Cc: "private@drat.apache.org" <pr...@drat.apache.org>, "board@apache.org" <bo...@apache.org>, "dev@drat.apache.org" <de...@drat.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Missing DRAT Board Report

Dear Tom Barber and all DRAT contributors,

The board report for DRAT has not yet been submitted for this month's

board meeting. It is due today. The report was also missing in May and June.

The board needs to know whether the project is alive and viable. I will

monitor dev@drat.apache.org from now until the board meeting next week.

I ask anyone who is active in the DRAT project to post there as soon as

possible to establish communication between DRAT and the board.

The best outcome would be if a PMC member or members can prepare and

submit a report describing the project's status. Please contact me if

you need any assistance.

   https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.apache.org_foundation_board_reporting-23how&d=DwICaQ&c=frcPxg8b67XqRBSg4Sq0SNY3JWw9kiBusXbl0-DuPio&r=tTX9GwR3d0ryE_Yj4qfvSvV26IOGLlTWuGNbA-6jU7E&m=nDJTWrONcD-1YbPcG9rYTPl6y-222GEuLwgnd2gvO7U&s=mbLfGZljpUdMFilVwq8qx9eDhrlR_59v3IbyPwi2zig&e=

Thanks,

Patricia Shanahan

(on behalf of the ASF Board)

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avg.com&d=DwICaQ&c=frcPxg8b67XqRBSg4Sq0SNY3JWw9kiBusXbl0-DuPio&r=tTX9GwR3d0ryE_Yj4qfvSvV26IOGLlTWuGNbA-6jU7E&m=nDJTWrONcD-1YbPcG9rYTPl6y-222GEuLwgnd2gvO7U&s=5e990sTUEGqoLDmNSWzp1llwBohGz_kVmBCZxzcbcNo&e=

Re: [EXTERNAL] Missing DRAT Board Report

Posted by Karanjeet Singh <co...@gmail.com>.
I have *no* objection to that

Karanjeet

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
On 7/8/2020 1:52 PM, Chris Mattmann wrote:
> I will commit  to filing that report. When is it due?

Thanks.

Technically, it is due today, one week before the board meeting.
Usually, I would say wait for next month, but given the long gap, and
the progress towards resolving the situation, I think a late report
would be preferred, so any time in the next few days.

https://www.avg.com

Re: [EXTERNAL] Missing DRAT Board Report

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
I will commit  to filing that report. When is it due?

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
And so  people  have  the link  +1 from me:

https://whimsy.apache.org/board/agenda/2020-07-15/Terminate-DRAT

Terminate DRAT
info
·        navigation

WHEREAS, the Project Management Committee of the Apache DRAT project

has arrived at a consensus to recommend moving the project to the

Attic; and

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it no longer in the best interest

of the Foundation to continue the Apache DRAT project due to

inactivity;

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Apache DRAT project is hereby

terminated; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Attic PMC be and hereby is tasked with oversight

over the software developed by the Apache DRAT Project; and be it

further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache DRAT" is hereby

terminated; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache DRAT PMC is hereby terminated.

[ Terminate the Apache DRAT Project

  approved:

  comments:

    rtf: Placeholder pending discussion on dev list.

  ]

Report Info

Attach

7D

Links

Roster

Prior Reports

From: Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>
Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 4:41 PM
To: "dev@drat.apache.org" <de...@drat.apache.org>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>
Cc: Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>

Excellent. DRAT PMC members please review Roy's resolution, and if you

agree with it we are done.

On 7/8/2020 4:36 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

Heh, sorry, while Patricia was sending that, I was drafting a

resolution for the agenda so that you wouldn't need to later.

It is on the agenda now, but we can postpone action if there

is any doubts by next week.

....Roy

       From: "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>

Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 10:13 AM

To: Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>

Cc: "dev@drat.apache.org" <de...@drat.apache.org>

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avg.com&d=DwIDaQ&c=frcPxg8b67XqRBSg4Sq0SNY3JWw9kiBusXbl0-DuPio&r=tTX9GwR3d0ryE_Yj4qfvSvV26IOGLlTWuGNbA-6jU7E&m=0Gai25MtfPTd_g8fZPtkRIucn_t2cr6Jx0xHIRMIIGM&s=LCM-fURe7vLr6dJmzDTvw4Fw2fqt2FvJaMf8ITMK6xo&e=

Re: [EXTERNAL] Missing DRAT Board Report

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

https://www.avg.com

Re: [EXTERNAL] Missing DRAT Board Report

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Am 08.07.20 um 17:48 schrieb Tyler Bui-Palsulich:
> That would be OK with me.

+1

Cheers,
Phil

Re: [EXTERNAL] Missing DRAT Board Report

Posted by Tyler Bui-Palsulich <tb...@gmail.com>.
That would be OK with me.

Tyler