Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2020/02/22 19:24:53 UTC

[allura:tickets] Ticket 3938 discussion

- **summary**: Stats logging should not go to the "console" handler; remove it --> Stats logging should not go to the "console" handler; remove it NEEDS INI CHANGE
- **Comment**:

## Upgrade notes:

If you have customized `development.ini` or `docker-dev.ini` for your own site, you will need to remove all the `stats` references after the "Logging configuration" section.  Remove it from 2 `keys = ` lists, and 1 `handlers = `list, and the whole `[handler_stats]` subsection.

---

** [tickets:#3938] Stats logging should not go to the "console" handler; remove it NEEDS INI CHANGE**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** cleanup
**Created:** Thu Mar 22, 2012 05:58 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Tue Oct 15, 2019 06:38 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema

We use `h.log_action` in many places to log details about actions that happen.  In production.ini, `handler_stats` is configured to write those details to a separate log file.  But they still go to handler_console too.  To have them not go there, I think we need a the log_action events to go to a different base logger (e.g. allura.stats) instead of whatever package logger is there (e.g. allura.model.repo_refresh).  `class StatsHandler` filters by checking for an "action" attribute on the event, but we need a simple way to separate them so that it can be adjusted via the logging ini settings.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/