Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org> on 2020/08/10 16:55:03 UTC

[DISCUSS] Publish test JARS

I know this discussion had come up before, but it seems on the release
of 1.22.0 we decided to stop publishing test JARs. While these
shouldn't be needed for normal operation, my project linked below
happens to use several of them for demonstration purposes so currently
I'm stuck on Calcite 1.21.0. Of course I could add in more of my own
example code, but when we already have it written for the tests, it
seems redundant. Thoughts?

https://github.com/michaelmior/calcite-notebooks
--
Michael Mior
mmior@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Publish test JARS

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
Michael>I'm not sure what the changes to the Gradle config would look like
support this.

Here you go: https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/2104/files
Then core/src/test should be able to see testkit classes, and testkit
should see core classes.

Vladimir

Re: [DISCUSS] Publish test JARS

Posted by Michael Mior <mi...@gmail.com>.
It will have to wait until the release is complete, but yes, I’d like to
get this in. Thanks for the patch Vladimir!

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 04:38 Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael, do you plan to push this function/patch ? We actually need this
> too ~
>
> Best,
> Danny Chan
> 在 2020年8月11日 +0800 AM3:06,Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org>,写道:
> > Thanks for pointing back to the previous discussion. I'm fine with
> > publishing separate modules. No real preference on my end since I
> > haven't found consuming test artifacts to cause any problems. Although
> > I'm not sure what the changes to the Gradle config would look like to
> > support this.
> >
> > --
> > Michael Mior
> > mmior@apache.org
> >
> > Le lun. 10 août 2020 à 14:49, Vladimir Sitnikov
> > <si...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> > >
> > > Hi Michael,
> > >
> > > I suggest we go with adding explicitly published modules rather than
> > > publishing tests.
> > > Test artifacts do not have their own pom.xml, so they are not really
> > > convenient for consumers.
> > >
> > > Here's the relevant thread:
> > >
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/2ab9652ea855dce0b5b75cc221a5f74ebec536818847ae5ce6d284f5%40%3Cdev.calcite.apache.org%3E
> > >
> > > I guess the naming could be calcite-testkit or calcite-test-framework.
> > >
> > > Vladimir

Michael Mior
michael.mior@gmail.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Publish test JARS