Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Jewett, Diane C" <Di...@bankofamerica.com> on 2003/12/08 18:16:50 UTC

How does ODMG work?

I'm going through tutorial2(ODMG) and with the following:

// 3. set the OQL select statement
        query.create("select allproducts from " +
                                Product.class.getName());

Where does allproducts get defined?

Re: How does ODMG work?

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi diane,

Jewett, Diane C wrote:
> I'm going through tutorial2(ODMG) and with the following:
>
> // 3. set the OQL select statement
>         query.create("select allproducts from " +
>                                 Product.class.getName());
>

> Where does allproducts get defined?

allproducts is just a placeholder and its scope is only inside the OQL
query. It is not declared anywhere in the Java code.

cheers,
Thomas

Re: JDO?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Michael Wolf dijo:
>> download latest OJB CVS version.
>
> Do I have to use CVS for that or can I somehow download the latest
> version from the ojb website?

You need the CVS version with JDO 1.01. We are preparing the RC5 soon. RC5
will be released in the next 7 days. So if you prefer stay tunned and
wait, but if you cannot wait, then I recommend you download the CVS
version. Of course from the CVS will be the RC5 distro builded. So you
will get early in touch with the RC5. BTW, I am currenlty using the CVS
version. :-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: JDO?

Posted by Michael Wolf <wu...@scirem.de>.
> download latest OJB CVS version.

Do I have to use CVS for that or can I somehow download the latest
version from the ojb website?

Michael

Re: JDO?

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi Michael,

latest version rc4 does not support jdo 1.0, but the upcoming rc5
(release 14th Dez) will support JDO 1.0.1.
If you will use 1.0.1, download latest OJB CVS version.

regards,
Armin

JDO?

Re: How does ODMG work?

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
AFAIK (and I am not an ODMG expert by a long shot) it is just an
arbitrary name -- it isn't actually used anywhere.

query.create("select earthwormjim from " + Product.class.getName());

is effectively the same.

-Brian