Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Debraj Manna <su...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/03 10:06:10 UTC

Default ThreadPool Role in camel 2.16.1

Can some please explain me how does threadPool works in camel?

Let's say I have a default threadPool defined in camelContext:-

<threadPoolProfile id="defaultThreadPoolProfile"

defaultProfile="true" poolSize="50" maxPoolSize="500" maxQueueSize="5000"

rejectedPolicy="CallerRuns" />

Also let's say I have some routes defined as below:-

from("jetty:http://localhost:8888/orchestratorservice").process(processor);

from("direct:setStatusToReadyToShip").to("bean:orderHelper?method=setStatusToReadyToShip")

Will the threads in jetty be limited by the size of
defaultThreadPoolProfile?

Also let's say I create one more threadPool of size greater than the pool
size of defaultThreadPoolProfile in the orderBeans, how will this
threadPool behave?

If I don't define any defaultThreadPool in camelContext what default values
it take?

Re: Default ThreadPool Role in camel 2.16.1

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 12:35 PM, Debraj Manna <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the pointers.
>
> If I have a route of the form
>
> from("direct:setStatusToReadyToShip").to("bean:orderHelper?method=setStatusToReadyToShip")
>
> Then the route from from(...).to(...) will be effected by
> defaultThreadProfile?

No the direct component uses the thread that sends the message to the
endpoint. Likewise does bean. There is no thread pool involved here.

> On Jul 3, 2016 3:39 PM, "Claus Ibsen" <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>

>> No Jetty has its own thread pooling, and you need to configure it
>> using options on the jetty component
>> http://camel.apache.org/jetty
>>
>> The thread pools in Camel is when you configure an explicit thread
>> pool on a component that is of ExecutorService type. And also for all
>> the EIPs that has thread pools.
>>

>> You can find some details at
>> http://camel.apache.org/threading-model.html
>>
>> And I suggest if you want deeper knowledge then pickup a copy of the
>> Camel in Action book.
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Debraj Manna <su...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Can some please explain me how does threadPool works in camel?
>> >
>> > Let's say I have a default threadPool defined in camelContext:-
>> >
>> > <threadPoolProfile id="defaultThreadPoolProfile"
>> >
>> > defaultProfile="true" poolSize="50" maxPoolSize="500" maxQueueSize="5000"
>> >
>> > rejectedPolicy="CallerRuns" />
>> >
>> > Also let's say I have some routes defined as below:-
>> >
>> > from("jetty:http://localhost:8888/orchestratorservice
>> ").process(processor);
>> >

>> from("direct:setStatusToReadyToShip").to("bean:orderHelper?method=setStatusToReadyToShip")
>> >
>> > Will the threads in jetty be limited by the size of
>> > defaultThreadPoolProfile?
>> >
>> > Also let's say I create one more threadPool of size greater than the pool
>> > size of defaultThreadPoolProfile in the orderBeans, how will this
>> > threadPool behave?
>> >
>> > If I don't define any defaultThreadPool in camelContext what default
>> values
>> > it take?
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen