Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Shand <st...@intrallect.com> on 2003/03/25 18:31:37 UTC

classpath differences between nt service and starting manually

Hi,

I've come across a really weird problem. When I start tomcat (4.1.24)
using the bin/startup.bat everything works fine.
However if I start the server as an NT service then pages which have
already been compiled work fine but new pages refuse to compile.

I think I've managed to work out that the classpath is being truncated
when it is running as a service.

the error thrown is:

java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: javac.exe -classpath ( it then
lists my classpath but truncates it before the end )

any ideas?

Steven Shand