Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by ? ? <gu...@hotmail.com> on 2017/08/08 12:45:00 UTC

Multi secondary storage use in one cluster

Hi, Community
      I have add two secondary storage to one kvm cluster. one is almost full, the other one is not full . But When I make a volume snapshot  , It will upload snapshot file to the full one. How can I avoid it?

Re: Multi secondary storage use in one cluster

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
just 2 months late... but please make sure to read the documentation -

Any "public" stuff (public ISO, public template, etc) will go to BOTH SS
storages... (if you upload if from URL - URL is used as the source to
download template/iso to this one Secondary Storage)

Private stuff (someone's private ISO, or private template. or any snapshots
- snapshots are always private) - always goes to one Secondary Storage...

My advice, rsync content for this NFS to another bigger NFS box, and move
over old IP of SS to new box - no downtime expected on ACS side...

In other words, avoid using 2 NFS SS, since there are a couple of unhandled
cases - i.e. we added new NFS SS box, so ACS read URLs of all public stuff
in DB, and tries to download these template/isos to new NFS SS box.
But in case you made public ISO that was previously private, or you create
template from your volume (no URL in DB, right ), then it never get's
replicated to a new NFS SS box.

Cheers

--

Andrija Panić