Posted to dev@heron.apache.org by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/17 18:29:26 UTC

12/18/2018 Bi-Weekly OSS Heron Sync-up

Hi All,

It has been two weeks since our last sync and it is time to share our
progress again. Let's share our works for the last two weeks in this
thread. And see if we need some hangout discussions or not.

My update:
- Studied the two existing reduce functions. Before implementing new
aggregation functions, I am refactoring/cleaning up the existing code and
have prepared three PRs(https://github.com/apache/incubator-heron/pull/3123,
https://github.com/apache/incubator-heron/pull/3124,
https://github.com/apache/incubator-heron/pull/3125).

Re: 12/18/2018 Bi-Weekly OSS Heron Sync-up

Posted by "J. Mark Owens" <jm...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,
I have been working to add ack/fail capability to the Java Streamlet API
for the ATLEAST_ONCE case (see issue #2909 Add ack and fail to Streamlet
API).  Currently I have created acking versions of the existing Streamlet
(examples minus the Pulsar example).

I'm currently seeing the behavior I expect except in the case of the
ImpressionsAndClicks example. I'm working to track down why the ack/fail is
not working as expected in this particular case.

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Bhargava, thanks for your help!

you should be able to raise a PR I believe.

1. clone the repo to your own space.
2. create your own feature branch and commit the changes.
3. git push to your repo

There should be a message in github heron repo about creating a new PR for
the change.

Please feel free to ping me if you have any questions.

Posted by Bhargava Vadlamani <bh...@iu.edu>.
Hello ,