Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Baron <d_...@012.net.il> on 2007/01/09 14:31:38 UTC

FuzzyOcr Log Entries

2007-01-09 08:47:15 [6426] Cannot find executable for pamthreshold
2007-01-09 08:47:15 [6426] Cannot find executable for pamtopnm
2007-01-09 08:47:15 [6426] Cannot find executable for tesseract

These are listed as helpers to the program. What needs to be installed to make
use of them and what is their value/advantage.

FuzzyOcr seems to be working quite well!

RE: FuzzyOcr Log Entries

Posted by Dan Horne <da...@taisweb.net>.

I had a similar problem, fixed re:

http://fuzzyocr.own-hero.net/ticket/40

Problem is older version of NetPBM which doesn't include the necessary
programs.  I use FreeBSD ports which has version  10.26 in
graphics/netpbm and version 10.31 in graphics/netpbm-devel.  Both of
those are too old, you need minimum 10.34.  Unfortunately 10.34 from
source didn't compile cleanly on my system, so I had to stick with the
older version.  The link above has a patch for this problem.  It applied
cleanly to 3.5.0 RC1 patchset 3, but didn't make all the necessary
changes.  I documented the other changes I needed in the ticket.  For
tesseract, the linked ticket also includes a link to the tesseract
source.  pamtopnm is not discussed, as I didn't have that problem, but
it is likely a new utility in NetPBM, but it is at least in freebsd's
netpbm-10.26 port.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

SPAM-FREE 1.0(2476)