Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Kenneth Fogel <kf...@dawsoncollege.qc.ca> on 2019/04/06 20:26:25 UTC

Splash Screen Lettering Size

I'm certain I'm not the first person to raise this issue but the opening splash screen really needs, in my opinion, one significant change. Its not an error but a matter of graphic design. The text on this screen needs to be 4 times larger. Not 2x, at least 3x and probably 4x. From a marketing point of view I believe the brand name must stand out. Right now it appears as a footnote.

Ken Fogel

RE: Splash Screen Lettering Size

Posted by Kenneth Fogel <kf...@dawsoncollege.qc.ca>.
Not quite, that issue refers to a 4K display. I have added a comment to the issue about the splash screen size on 1920x1080  Windows systems. I work on three systems each with different video hardware and the text is much too small on all three.

Ken

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi Kenneth,