Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/19 12:11:49 UTC

Migration to whimsy6 - use of secretary workbench

During the migration, it is important that use of the secretarial
workbench is carefully controlled.

This is because the status changes are stored on the local system only.

Once the data has been merged from whimsy4 (the current host) to
whimsy6, further changes need to be avoided on whimsy4.

There are a couple of outstanding ICLAs currently, but AFAICT there is
nothing that cannot wait a day or so.

So are the secretarial team OK with temporarily avoiding making
changes to the workbench until the changeover has occurred?

Sebb.

Re: Migration to whimsy6 - use of secretary workbench

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Should be OK to use again.

I have updated the code to allow updates from the current active node.
[This needs a bit of tweaking to allow updates from test nodes]

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Roger that.

Let us know once it's ok to use the workbench again.

Matt is out of pocket. I think I'm the only one doing any work at the moment.

Let the good times roll.

Craig

> On Sep 19, 2020, at 5:11 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> During the migration, it is important that use of the secretarial
> workbench is carefully controlled.
>
> This is because the status changes are stored on the local system only.
>
> Once the data has been merged from whimsy4 (the current host) to
> whimsy6, further changes need to be avoided on whimsy4.
>
> There are a couple of outstanding ICLAs currently, but AFAICT there is
> nothing that cannot wait a day or so.
>
> So are the secretarial team OK with temporarily avoiding making
> changes to the workbench until the changeover has occurred?
>
> Sebb.

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org