Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Chen Song <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/18 19:05:41 UTC

questions on sentry

I have a few questions on Sentry. I have some thoughts in my mind but just
want to confirm with the community.

1. Does Sentry have a way to block HDFS superuser from access HDFS
directories?
2. Does Sentry support blacklisting a list of IPs from Hive or HDFS access?

After a bit search, I don't find a way for both but I want to double check
again.

Chen

Re: questions on sentry

Posted by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Chen,

Apache Sentry goal is to provide security features for other Apache
products - mainly Apache {Hive, Impala, Solr, Kafka}. It doesn't provide
HDFS access protections.

- Alex.

Re: questions on sentry

Posted by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com>.
To answer your second question - IP address based authorization isn't
supported.

- Alex

Re: questions on sentry

Posted by Chen Song <ch...@gmail.com>.