Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Aysegul Aydin <ay...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/15 12:47:29 UTC

Bookmarkable and Human-Readable Portal URLs in JetSpeed 2.2.0

Hi,

We are trying to achieve bookmarkable and human readable URLs in JetSpeed (REST behaviour in our portal). I discovered the classes used in URL generation. They are defined in portal-url-generation.xml configuration file. I tried to replace two of them with custom implementations that will generate meaningful URLs rather than a URL such as "http://localhost:8080/LbsPortal/portal/_ns:YVAtMTIxZTM3ZTI0M2UtMTAwMDB8YzB8ZDB8ZXRlc3RfcGFyYW09MT1heXNlZ3Vs/default-page.psml". I replaced "NavigationalStateCodec" and "PortalURL" beans with custom implementations. The problem is "Add Portlet" function stopped working. Logs indicate no Exceptions but when I click "Add Portlet" URL changes to "http://localhost:8080/LbsPortal/portal/system/customizer/selector.psml?jspage=/default-page.psml&jslayoutid=dp-1" but the page does not change.

I need a way to implement REST in our portal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Aysegul Aydin.

Re: Bookmarkable and Human-Readable Portal URLs in JetSpeed 2.2.0

Posted by Aysegul Aydin <ay...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I solved the problem about "Add Portlets". My custom code had a bug in decoding the URLs.