Posted to dev@crunch.apache.org by Kavin Kankeshwar <ka...@icloud.com.INVALID> on 2019/06/17 18:33:59 UTC

Next Crunch release timeline and JDK11 support ?

Hi,

I was looking at crunch-core <https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.crunch/crunch-core> releases in central maven repository as seems like last official release was in 2017. Also with CDH6.X onwards Cloudera is not going to support Crunch for JDK11. I do see active commits in Crunch git repos, Wondering if crunch will be ready for JDK11 and if its released to central maven repository ? Or would I need to clone and package the crunch-core jars ?

Regards,
—
Kavin Kankeshwar

Re: Next Crunch release timeline and JDK11 support ?

Posted by Josh Wills <jo...@gmail.com>.
I am happy to cut a release whenever (well, as soon as we fix that bug that
was just filed that's dumping secrets to the log file)-- but I'm unsure on
whether I should upgrade versions; Hadoop 3 is on Java 8 too, yes? What's
the impetus for moving to JDK11? And I assume it has to be OpenJDK11 b/c of
the new licensing model?