Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Rainer Klute <kl...@rainer-klute.de> on 2003/08/06 20:45:12 UTC

Re: (re)branding... Re: cvs commit: jakarta-poi/src/documentation/content/xdocs/hpsf internals.xml

"Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote:
>We do not have to vote on these type of changes.  Lazy consensus is also
>possible.  However, it was zealous to change it without asking you out of
>courtesy.  The idea is to remove what the abbreviations mean from the
>webpage and slowly transition to a more serious internet presence.  Novelty
>is no longer an approach that behooves us.  (Though it worked like a charm
>in the past).

I'd leave the explanations at at least one place. People visiting the web page might wonder what these abbreviations mean. It would be irritating if they could not find out.

However, I do appreciate all efforts to become serious. If now we could do some marketing.. :-)

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423

Re: (re)branding... Re: cvs commit: jakarta-poi/src/documentation/content/xdocs/hpsf internals.xml

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
On 8/6/03 2:45 PM, "Rainer Klute" <kl...@rainer-klute.de> wrote:

> "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote:
>> We do not have to vote on these type of changes.  Lazy consensus is also
>> possible.  However, it was zealous to change it without asking you out of
>> courtesy.  The idea is to remove what the abbreviations mean from the
>> webpage and slowly transition to a more serious internet presence.  Novelty
>> is no longer an approach that behooves us.  (Though it worked like a charm
>> in the past).
>
> I'd leave the explanations at at least one place. People visiting the web page
> might wonder what these abbreviations mean. It would be irritating if they
> could not find out.

Would putting it in the FAQ be acceptable?

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?