Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com> on 2015/09/19 11:11:33 UTC

Misleading places in cache related documentations

Igniters,

I've faced with some confusing places in cache related documentations.
Before fixing it I want to be sure that my understanding is correct.

- CacheAtomicityMode.TRANSACTIONAL. There is a sentence saying:
/"However, cache * atomicity mode will be changed to {@link #ATOMIC}
starting from version {@code 5.2}, * so it is recommended that desired
atomicity mode is explicitly configured * instead of relying on default
value."
/In my understanding it's time to remove the sentence, correct?

- CacheConfiguration.getAtomicityMode() returns null if the mode wasn't
explicitly set. But this is not highlighted in the documentation.
I propose to initialize internal variable with DFLT_CACHE_ATOMICITY_MODE
at the time the CacheConfiguration instance is being created .
Is anyone knows a reason why we should initialization logic as is?

- CacheAtomicityMode.ATOMIC. There is a sentence: /"This mode is
currently implemented for {@link CacheMode#PARTITIONED} caches only."
/This seems to be an outdated info. I can easily create a replicated
cache with atomic mode.
Let's remove the sentence?

--
Denis

Re: Misleading places in cache related documentations

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Got commiter rights and merged these minor changes to 1.4.

--
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.