Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2013/08/29 02:16:36 UTC

Re: Solr show total row count in response of full import

: It would be nice if you could receive a total row count like
:
: <str name="Total Documents">10100</str>
:
: With this information we could add another information like
:
: <str name="Imported in Percent ">62.91</str>
:
: This would make it easier to generate a progress bar for the end user.

I don't think that's possible -- DIH has no way of knowing in advance the
total number of documents that the DataSources are going to produce.

-Hoss