Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/09 04:11:49 UTC

Is there any way to monitor the wired bundles changes ?

Hi,
    While dynamic import is used, the wired bundles might change on the
runtime. With packageAdmin service, I could easily get all the wired bundles
for the host bundle, but it takes time to iterator the import/export
packages. I am wondering that is there any way that I could get the
notification while the wired bundles are updated, so that I could call the
packageAdmin only when the changes occurs.
    thanks.
--
Ivan

Re: Is there any way to monitor the wired bundles changes ?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Start / restart may force a resolution of the bundle (if it wasn't
resolved already), so it could have such an effect.  However, the
refresh may change the resolution too.

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 20:49,  <mv...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Richard,
>

> Isn't wiring also performed when you do an osgi:restart <bundleId> from the command prompt?
>

> v/r,
>

> Mike Van

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Is there any way to monitor the wired bundles changes ?

Posted by mv...@comcast.net.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 11/9/10 14:49, mvangeertruy@comcast.net wrote:

> Richard,
>

> Isn't wiring also performed when you do an osgi:restart<bundleId>  from the command prompt?

Maybe, not familiar with that command.

But my answer remains the same, the only notification about bundle
resolution defined by the OSGi spec is the RESOLVED event, which is not
fired for dynamic imports.

Maybe I'm not understanding your question.

-> richard

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.