Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Terry Ellison <Te...@ellisons.org.uk> on 2011/08/31 23:45:25 UTC

DNS A records for *.openoffice.org have been deleted

I've flagged this one up with Andrew Rist, but we seem to have a snafu
here.  This hit Europe about a hr ago, but the cascade hasn't hit the US
DNS servers yet.

In the meantime as a work around, you can add static entries to your
hosts files:

192.18.196.107 user.services.openoffice.org
192.18.196.109 wiki.services.openoffice.org
192.9.164.104  www.openoffice.org

regards
Terry

Re: DNS A records for *.openoffice.org have been deleted

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 09/01/2011 12:24 AM, schrieb Terry Ellison:
> It looks like this was more of a brown-out than a total service loss.
> I've just got off the phone to Andrew Rist, and apparently the Oracle
> networking team have moved the oo.o A and MX records from a
> soon-to-retired Hamburg DNS server to one of Oracle core DNS servers.
> This meant that in some EU regions the old (public) Hg DNS vanished
> before the cascade from the new one in the US was picked up. Anyway, it
> looks like the ripple is complete.
>
> We might get similar stutters when the DNS gets moved from o.c to a.o in
> a few weeks time.
>
> But thanks to Andrew for chasing this up for me.

Yes, and another thank you for saying the reason(s) for the problems.
It's always easier to take the outage easy when you know the why.

Marcus

Posted by Terry Ellison <te...@apache.org>.
It looks like this was more of a brown-out than a total service loss.
I've just got off the phone to Andrew Rist, and apparently the Oracle
networking team have moved the oo.o A and MX records from a
soon-to-retired Hamburg DNS server to one of Oracle core DNS servers.
This meant that in some EU regions the old (public) Hg DNS vanished
before the cascade from the new one in the US was picked up.   Anyway,
it looks like the ripple is complete.

We might get similar stutters when the DNS gets moved from o.c to a.o in
a few weeks time.

But thanks to Andrew for chasing this up for me.

Regards
Terry