Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Sergey O." <se...@mail.com> on 2018/10/18 01:40:37 UTC

Proton-J: how to enable SASL ?

Hi!

Is there a description or example for Apache Qpid Proton-J on how to set up SASL authentication, preferably without having to clone and modify AcceptorImpl or otherwise modifying Proton implementation classes?

For example, an extra parameter with SASL data to getReactor().acceptor("0.0.0.0", 5672, handler) would be perfect, or a callback on the handler to perform authentication. Something along these lines...

Thanks

Re: Proton-J: how to enable SASL ?

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Based on your comments here and in the other thread about SSL, you are
asking about the 'Reactor' specifically and looking to set up a server
using TLS and perfoming SASL authentication. There aren't any examples
of that, but in any case I would advise against you starting out with
the Reactor at this point.

Instead I'd suggest you would be better looking at
https://github.com/vert-x3/vertx-proton, which provides integration
for the proton-j protocol engine with the thread model and networking
layers of Vert.x. It generally proves a nicer experience than the
Reactor, plus is actually used in the manner you look to be after. Its
tests provide some example of such things, e.g.
https://github.com/vert-x3/vertx-proton/blob/master/src/test/java/io/vertx/proton/ProtonClientSslTest.java
and https://github.com/vert-x3/vertx-proton/blob/master/src/test/java/io/vertx/proton/impl/ProtonServerImplTest.java
would likely be of interest to you.

Robbie