Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Leszek Gawron <ou...@kompuart.pl> on 2002/08/31 14:46:36 UTC

Setting Content-Length

I'm using as an application server for pocket pc application. The problem is
downloading even a small file via 19200 GPRS modem takes time, so I wanted to
provide a user with progress bar. The problem is that cocoon is not sending
Content-Length header. Is there a nice and clean way to include it in response
header?
	ouzo
--
            __
        \_\\  //_/      ouzo@vip.net.pl          _\\()//_

Re: Setting Content-Length

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Leszek Gawron wrote:

>I'm using as an application server for pocket pc application. The problem is
>downloading even a small file via 19200 GPRS modem takes time, so I wanted to
>provide a user with progress bar. The problem is that cocoon is not sending
>Content-Length header. Is there a nice and clean way to include it in response
>header?
>	ouzo

AbstractSerializer.java has:

    /**
     * Test if the component wants to set the content length
     */
    public boolean shouldSetContentLength()

Unfortunately, this valus is not configurable. If you subclass
HTMLSerializer.java or XMLSerializer.java (whatever you use), you can
return true from this method, and Cocoon will buffer response and set
content length header.

Vadim