Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Susheel Jalali <Su...@CoscendCommunications.com> on 2015/06/01 08:40:32 UTC

Installing OM-3.0.6 to replace 3.0.4 on Centos server

Dear Maxim and Fellow OpenMeetings Developers,

We are currently running OM-3.0.4 with MySQL on a Centos server which is
functional.

We are in the process of installing OM-3.0.6 on same server.

We have two questions:

1.  Can this new version connect to and access the same database (db
name and content), and continue to use the system and user data in the
database ?

2.  How do we transfer Room Folder files of all users from 3.0.4  to
3.0.6, that are in the same server.  Are there certain steps and
precautions for that, so that user data is not lost during or after this
installation of 3.0.6 ?

Susheel Jalali

Customer Operations Leader,

Coscend Communications Solutions

_Susheel.Jalali@CoscendCommunications.com_

Web site:www.CoscendCommunications.com
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/>

*Coscend’s**Software Service Factory*

"*Coscend Communications* is ... *pioneering a new approach*to ...
software applications development, and systems integration."

*Light Reading Network, *December, 2007

"*Coscend*is at the*vanguard of a new evolution*in telco OSS/BSS systems
integration."

*Caroline Chappell*
A leading authority in the communications services software industry

"There are *innovative*…*tools*from ... *Coscend *bubbling up, which
will help accelerate the data consolidation process and reduce its cost."

*Dennis Mendyk, */Editor,/Building a *Telco Service Factory*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail
Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:
http://www.CoscendCommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html>

Re: Installing OM-3.0.6 to replace 3.0.4 on Centos server

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I would recommend to use import/export;

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Susheel Jalali <
Susheel.Jalali@coscendcommunications.com> wrote:

> Dear Maxim and Fellow OpenMeetings Developers,
>
> We are currently running OM-3.0.4 with MySQL on a Centos server which is
> functional.
>
> We are in the process of installing OM-3.0.6 on same server.
>
> We have two questions:
>
> 1.  Can this new version connect to and access the same database (db name
> and content), and continue to use the system and user data in the database ?
>
> 2.  How do we transfer Room Folder files of all users from 3.0.4  to
> 3.0.6, that are in the same server.  Are there certain steps and
> precautions for that, so that user data is not lost during or after this
> installation of 3.0.6 ?
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Susheel Jalali
>
> Customer Operations Leader,
>
> Coscend Communications Solutions
>
> _Susheel.Jalali@CoscendCommunications.com_
>
> Web site:www.CoscendCommunications.com <
> http://www.coscendcommunications.com/>

> *Coscend’s**Software Service Factory*
>
> "*Coscend Communications* is ... *pioneering a new approach*to ...
> software applications development, and systems integration."
>
> *Light Reading Network, *December, 2007
>
> "*Coscend*is at the*vanguard of a new evolution*in telco OSS/BSS systems
> integration."
>
> *Caroline Chappell*
> A leading authority in the communications services software industry
>
> "There are *innovative*…*tools*from ... *Coscend *bubbling up, which will
> help accelerate the data consolidation process and reduce its cost."
>
> *Dennis Mendyk, */Editor,/Building a *Telco Service Factory*

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail
> Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:
> http://www.CoscendCommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html <
> http://www.coscendcommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html>

--
WBR